RE: What photography does, was Pulitzers

Guys,

I believe Bosch (or any other artist) is a more reliable witnesses to his times than photographs could be.
Photographs provide mostly data about the material world. The other arts provide a picture of the minds that
were living in it.  We could know relatively little about 15th C. Holland or anywhere else or time looking at
photographs. At any given time in human history artists have depicted the world with great naturalism but only
when it was thought important to the message. Photography has been given way too much credibility. We need to
be reminded about conflating medium and message :-)

Darn, just when we get a really interesting topic going my "Garden of Weedy Delights" demands attention!

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.
NOW SHIPPING