Pinholin' ...

> >   3) pinholes
> 	by karl Shah-Jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>I just put something up for my students and thought it may be of interest to others..

Darn'it, Karl!

I keep telling my students that pinhole is just a peace of cake.  And their friends burst in laughter when they find out that they've got to take a course to ..."learn how to shoot with a shoe box"...!!

Thanks for the condensed set of data.  Hard to read the chart on the screen.  Can I download it without breach of Copyright?  Or is the breach only taking place at the instant I use the chart?

>>...optimum aperture/focal length combinations for particular wavelengths of light!  ...for those who want to use it, lets say you have a fixed focal length, non-zooming type pinhole camera - ...

Hmmm.  It follows that when I'm shooting daylight with daylight film, I need a different pinhole than when shooting tungsten with tungsten film and/or any combination.  My fixed focal pinhole camera will require a turrett with different hole/aperture to handle different color situations...

> > If you wanted to be really pedantic, ..., you could try to find a 0.52681mm drill bit, but I don't like your chances :-/

Ah!  But you could order a laser-drilled pinhole on a sheet of plating gold matching exactly 0.52681mm diameter.  Your image would then be so sharp (in pinhole parlance, of course), you'd have to handle it with protective gloves..! White gloves, of course! -:)

> > As to making your exposure, well, ... takes some of the guesswork out ... (duh!) ... so normally I'd be shooting ...  cutting the light ... to make the exposure ... Allow for ... if needed, and any ... by pushing/pulling  then you're done :-)

Right on!
My students actually start staring in a state of altered mind when I reach that part of the course ...  -:)
I've put a copyright on this section of my notes under the section: fully legal "illegal mind boggling substances".

>> Isn't pinhole photography fun!? :-)
Sure beats clicking the auto-calculate-adjust-everything-digital camera!  -:)  Almost as good as shooting with an 8x10 or 11x14 camera...

Best regards,

Guy