Re: RUNWAY HELP

I was exactly in the same situation as yours last month. I had to shoot a
fashion show. I used ISO100 NPS and ISO 400 NPH. Shot on manual mode (f4,
1/150) with canon speedlite 550EX. Wide angle shots did not come out well
because eventhough the flash could cover the area, it could not decide how
much was enough; it was partly due to the dark curtain they had in the
background. Most successful shots were from 70-200L lens where I tried to
take relatively close-up shots. Also, to advise, do not be in the first row
because the perspective of models you will get will be unnatural. Instead,
back off and use larger focal length with stronger flash units.
If you want to be fancy, you could set up radiocontrolled softboxes on the
side of the stage/ramp and from top.
hope this helps,
achal
see my poor attempt at
www.stanford.edu/~achal

> I'm shooting a local fashion show next week.  This is my first time doing
> something like this, any pros or advice out there for tips on lightings,
> film, lens, etc...
>
> I'm going to be using my 35 mm NIKON FM2.  I have a wide, zoom, and a reg
> 55.  The place has really poor lightings,,,ambient clamp lights (not so
> great).   I want to be using E6 but it would turn green, so I was thinking
> renting a flash (any recommendation on what).  So what would be the best
ISO