Re: Miscellaneous Gallery ramblings and butchery

In a message dated 4/4/2004 5:11:48 AM Central Standard Time, cameratraveler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

jIMMY Harris - Barrels
Close, but...  I might have cropped it from the top to just over the
fence line to take some of the strength away from the colorful and
cluttered background.  It would also have been nice to see the mother's
worried (?) _expression_ as the daughter did her first solo, as well as
the girl's look of concentration (or whatever her mood).  In other
words: photographed from the other direction.

Thanks RICH,

I guess the background does distract from the subject.  The subject -is- the worried mother and her adventurous daughter.  But - even if taken from the other side I don't know if the _expression_ would have been pronounced.  Hey - when the lil girl did turn around and head back, (her feet didn't even reach the stirrups) she was at a full gallop and her Mother bout had a 'tizzy'.  I got a full shot of the girl -- but missed the _expression_ of the Mother.

Thanks for looking and commenting!
jIMMY