From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bill Wood
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 6:36 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: RE: Thermal Balance

>>> fotofx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 4:27:22 AM Monday, April 05, 2004 >>>

Even on my 70-200 2.8L I have seen differences in the focus during hot
weather...

Les Baldwin

I don't see how this can be since the autofocus still has to focus to a
sharp image. All it means is that the lenses would move farther out (or
farther in) than in a cooler enviroment. Isn't the sharpness determined
at the sensor plane?

Please enlighten me.

Bill