RE: Photographic Criticism

Howard,

I think both books should be required reading for anyone with an interest in photography. If you don't read
serious, non-technical writing you are missing a lot. BTW the current issue of Modern Painters is about
photography.  There is an interview with Szarkowski and one with David Hockney provocatively titled "Painting
is Just Better."

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.