Re: Thermal Balance

Thanks Les,

I have Nikon's 500mm f/4 and it's all black.

>>>One interesting factoid is that these lenses also have a variable
infinity so that when the temps do get extreme the lens can still focus.<<<

>From your explanation, I assume there is no need to allow the big glass to
come to equilibrium with outside air temps? Focus changes have been
compensated for in the construction? I also use my lens at night after a hot
day to photography the moon or city lights.

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g
www.americanphotojournalist.com