Re: comments on my contribution this week

Now, this one ( http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/ofverbeck.html ) did draw lots of comments: great! Rich and Bob even made some interesting, alternative crops (especially Rich´s last one was quite a revelation). Thank you all!

I´m often a bit uncertain of what I´m really contributing when I make a photograph of striking and unusual architecture. Good architecture is a work of art, so photographing it could easily become just a reproduction work. However, architecture is meant to be used, and this I feel is one aspect that a photograph can have some value of its own by showing.

So personally I´m not the least worried about those two people in the middle; I feel they give some sense of scale. The desk in the top left is where you might have your bag searched before leaving, if you look suspect enough. The sign is one of those usual admonitory ones that adorn libraries the world over - it might even say "No Photography"...

The building itself is quite striking, and very highly regarded as an example of modern architecture. It stands right beside the water in Copenhagen Harbour, with an angular exterior of polished, black stone and glass, which has earned it the name "Den Sorte Diamant" (the Black Diamond). I may contribute an exterior view some week. I usually visit Copenhagen about once a year, and I keep returning here every time.

Again, thank you all!

Per Öfverbeck http://foto.ofverbeck.se