This Week's Gallery Reviewers ...

What a week for the Gallery!

A full NINE reviews - certainly a record for recent times if not for
the good old days.

David Dyer-Bennet
Chris
Don Roberts
Bob Talbot
Per Öfverbeck
Jim Davis
Rich Mason
Maris V. Lidaka Sr
Trevor Cunningham

What did I learn from my image (the flamingo):
1) Mostly it was well received
2) Jim didn't really like it: that's understandable for a nature
photographer!
3) Chris said "It's OK" - but that's one of those comments you need to
hear not read (tone of voice is everything).
I don't think I'll be adopting it as "my style" long term though ;o)

As for the rest of the images: comments ranged from very positive to
downright brutal. That's a good thing IMO: will it deter people from
submitting though?

For example: : here is a digital composite of all the reviews:

<<<
This picture doesn't work for me ... just looks like a grab shot by
someone who happened to have a camera handy It seems there was a lot
of potential there that wasn't exploited. I would have tried a
different view - maybe higher, maybe lower, maybe to the left or to
the right. Looks flat, probably because of lack of black, and the
facial shadows look dirty.  Bit magenta - was it really that colour?
Photoshop makes it easy but not always better.  I still don´t like
those "instant artistry" filters.

Overall, just a poor snapshot. Will it end up in a garbage truck being
hauled off to the landfill for its final rest?

Well, you don't get harsh comments like that on "PhotoCritique"!!!!

Bob