Re: can there be art photography ...

lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Weeeelll, that may not have been fair interpretation of what you
> said. - you were, I think, making a case for connoisseur-ship - a
> notion I support completely. As with any specialized knowledge
> snobbery and factions are involved. The original question had to do
> with which was the greater influence art or commercial (meaning
> snap-shooters?)  photographers .

That's more like what I actually said, yes.  That art that *has*
lasted a long time clearly has good qualities.  Not that art that
*hasn't*, *doesn't*.

> I think many artists gleefully appropriate any technology they
> can. Snap-shooters want convenience and simplicity. The digital
> camera is the most important achievement since the time photography
> reached technical maturity around 1914. How artists use this may
> change art and make a significant change in the way everyday people
> see art.

Absolutely agree with both parts.
RKBA: <http://noguns-nomoney.com> <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>
Photos: <dd-b.lighthunters.net>  Snapshots: <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>