Re: Trevor's Gallery Review

Let me know when you put them up, I'd love to see them.  I remember this Garfield comic strip from its early days where John had to comment on how much people looked like their pets, only to be shocked by his own revelation.  When I was five or six, my friend's father had a drag car in his garage, he used to bring it out for impromtu "Rotary Club meetings" with the police after a bit of whiskey and crank...wish I had a camera then.  I've always been leery of photographing people in that I fear I won't capture their true selves.  Much of this is that I only confront people I know.  Perhaps the more powerful photos come from a complete stranger?

John Mason <profmason@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Trevor wrote:

>Staging Lane, Eastside Raceway, 21 March 2004
>Fantastic image.

Thanks.

>Would like to see more of the people who own the
cars.

Indeed. The project is about the people much more
than about the cars. I showed a small gallery of
photos from the project in PF Gallery X a year or so
ago. Hope to have them up on the web soon.

>Is that smoke in the bottom left hand corner?

Classic Holga light leak.

--John

=====
J. Mason