RE: can there be art photography ...

Guys,

For what it's worth, I used to teach art survey classes - it's no picnic getting people past the silly notions
like I'm seeing expressed here.
Most everyone I know is an artist (I guess I need to get around more!) and I have never had a "what's an
artist" discussion like this with them.  They know who they are, they don't fancy art as being an elite
interest or occupation.  It's the people who have placed themselves on the outside looking in that have these
hang-ups. The notion that really  good art has to be old stuff would have them rolling on the floor laughing.
I have refereed to this book before on this list: "Believing is seeing" by Mary Anne Staniszewski.  Get it,
read it.  :-)

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.