Fwd: doin' a friend a favor

If interested please reply to Greg.

X-From_: greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sun Mar 28 16:05:44 2004

My name is Greg Mironchuk, and MOST of the recipients of this email either
know me, or know of me.

I am attempting to help a friend, Al Mellette, who... during the fifties...
shot photographs, extensively, throughout the Middle and Far East for
National Geographic Magazine.

Al is in his mid-90's, and moving out of his Grandfather's house, in
Wakefield MA, into an Assisted Living complex.

He has to "downsize" the amount of stuff that he will move with him, and has
asked me to help sell some of his Photographic Equipment.

Al was the first non-Muslim/photographer EVER to be invited into The Temple
Of The Rat... spent years in Afghanistan and Pakistan... was the first
photojournalist to re-trace Alexander The Great's path across The Middle
East... spent a week holed up in/under a Hotel Roof in Baghdad, during
rioting...

And... these are amongst his more modest accomplishments... he was the
primary Design Engineer of The St. Lawrence River Power Project.

If you are not personally interested in acquiring any of this Stuff...
please feel free to pass this along to anyone who might be interested in the
materials that are for sale... I have Blind/CC'd everyone who this email has
been sent to, to keep your privacy secure.

Much of this stuff may be viewed at <www.mironchuk.com/Al.html>. If there
are any questions, please email me at <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, or call me at
781-941-8030 or 617-966-1966.

I really, REALLY would prefer to sell this stuff, personally... rather than
to subject it to eBay.

Al is getting the money... not me. If you are interested in Cool, old Nikon
Stuff... scroll past the Large Format section...

LARGE FORMAT

Speed Graphic... RANGEFINDER WORKS !!!... side-button opening... Wollensack
Optar 135mm w/hood, bi-post synch, and a solenoid that appears to be
connected to nothing. The slow speeds are sloooooow, but they are improving
by my manually cycling them, while watching Dennis Miller's nice new show on
CNBC... two sets of rail stops... leather is edge-worn, but it's clean...
$450.00

(3) Grafmatic 4x5 sheet-film backs... very clean... $95.00 each.

A dozen nice, clean, Riteway metal-handled 4x5 film holders... $15.00 each

LINHOF TECHNIKA STUFF

   I would like to sell this as a SET to The Right Person. Part of the
reason that I want to do that is that there is a COMPLETE SET of rangefinder
cams, for these lenses and this camera, and it would break my heart to
seperate them.

   This is The Holy Grail of the Linhof Super Technika world... the person
who buys it ALL, in One Fell Swoop, gets an added value bonus of a custom
fitted Hammered Aluminum Compartment Case, and a boarded/cammed 90mm
Schneider Super Angulon f/8, with a bad 00 shutter (and rangefinder cam),
tossed in... ABSOLUTELY FREE !!!

It's ALL in excellent condition... I wish I could afford it, myself...

Linhof Super Technika IV, with 135mm Schneider lens, custom rangefinder cam,
anatomic grip... $4700.00

Schneider Convertable Symmar 150mm f/5.6, in Linhof Board and Linhof Compur
Shutter, w/rangefinder cam.... $450.00

Schneider Tele-Arton 270mm f/5.5, in Linhof Board and Linhof Compur Shutter,
w/rangefinder cam.... $450.00

Linhof Universal Finder, with click-stopped field of view settings, and
parallax control... $550.00

Linhof Lens Hood... black, hard, high-impact plastic... about 3" square, and
a set of approximately 12 filters for the slot... $200.00

Linhof SportsFinder set... $200.00

NIKON STUFF

1967 Nikon "F" chrome body... UNBELIEVABLY clean... perfect, undented, sharp-pointed prism... works great... $365.00

1964 Nikon "F" chrome body... prism finder... works fine... beat up, a
little bit... $250.00

55mm f/3.5 Micro-Nikkor... non-AI, NOT with the compensating
diaphragm...with "M" ring, and a set of BR lens-reversing rings...
great/excellent condition... $175.00

28mm f/3.5 Nikkor... non-AI... chrome front ring, with "Nippon Kogaku"
legend... pro-repaired ding in ring... $40.00

200mm f/4 Nikkor... non-AI... chrome ring/"Nippon Kogaku"... actually in
really nice shape... $40.00

17mm f/3.5 Spiratone lens... manual focus/AI... looks to be of Tokina
manufacture (the Famous Spiratone 18mm f/3.5 was a Sigma manufactured
lens... this is newer)... excellent shape, w/front cap... $75.00

300mm f/5.6 Kilfitt lens... this lens is in LEICA THREAD MOUNT, without RF
coupling... I believe that it mounts directly onto a Nikon with Nikons LTM-F
adaptor... but we don't have one, and can't check it out. At the very least,
it will fit a Leica or Nikon/Contax RF Mirror Box... $60.00

OTHER STUFF

An actual, real National Geographic issue Leather Camera Bag, with two
inside compartments, and an outside flap compartment, red felt interior, and
a pocket for passports, and other "Itinerant Photojournalist" papers in the
lid... as featured (provided by NatGeo's Photo Department) in the movie
"Bridges of Madison County", along with Clint's PERSONAL motorized "F"s and
his motorized SP (sorry... they're Clint's, and are not included)... it's
edge-worn, and has a lot of miles on it... $50.00

One Olympus XA camera... it WORKS, and, better than that, the companion A11
flash ALSO WORKS. it's beat, but Keeps On Ticking... $85.00

There is a Durst mini-enlarger... the one that disassembles into an
incredibly small box, that all the travelling Wire Service photographers set
up remote darkrooms with... complete, and excellent... $???

There are a bunch of lens and body caps that say "Nippon Kogaku"...
black-and-yellow bakelite "KODAK" filter cases, with filters in them... a
NICE Nikon Polarizer in a brown leather case...

Thank you, for reading this far, and not just deleting me, out-of-hand.

Thank you, for your consideration of this stuff. I have to attempt to square
this away ASAP... and I just feel sick about putting up on eBay, when
there's somebody around who'll have a Special Feeling about these things...

Greg.

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx