Gallery Reviews

David wrote:

>Johnny Mason -- Staging Lane, Eastside Raceway, 21
>March 2004 -- I find this a really striking photo,
and
>a very good use of B&W.  Capturing the details in the

>car decals (and especially the "thanks" list) and the

>flag against the dramatic sky, with the people and
>other car and ground-level steam in the background,
is
>all very nice.

Thanks very much.  I was feeling stale and took a new
camera out to the track.  This is from one of the
first rolls that I shot.

Chris wrote:

>John Mason - Staging Lane, Eastside Raceway, 21 March

>2004
>This is technically good and resembled the work of
>Ansel Adams.  His photo of the last steam train
>(somewhere) is brought to mind.  Well done.

Thanks to you, too.  I fear, however, that Ansel might
be turning over in his grave.  My new camera is a
Holga.

Regarding steam railroads, you might be thinking of O.
Winston Link.  As you suggest, a wonderful
photographer (who did a lot of shooting not far from
here):

http://www.linkmuseum.org/

--John

=====