Re: Off to the UK

Trevor

Since it looks like no one from up north is gonna answer your message.

I really don't know Newcastle well enough.
The transporter bridge seems a must.
No doubt you can visit "The Angel of the North" for 30 min but to get
a photo that hasn't been done is a challenge there.

If you like wildfowl, there is a Wildlife and Wetlands Trust place at
Washington (a few miles South of Newkie) that I really like to visit.

If you want a traditional seaside resort with lots of photo
opportunities (and your mate has a car) you could do well to visit
Whitby just down the coast and possible the very picturesque port of
Staithes not far from that.  Both of those are not worth missing IMO.

> I'm visiting a Gordie friend of mine in Newcastle in April.  Just
wondering if you know of any particularly interesting places in that
neck of the woods, or anything I would absolutely have to hop a train
with my camera for.  I do enjoy geological and historical phenomena, I
enjoy industrial wastelands (from what I've heard, Newcastle will be
good for that), and repetitive geometric patterns

>>>(also, from what I've heard, dental hygeine has improved in the UK
so I might begin to include some people in this regard as well).
Hahahah ... give me a set of real  teeth anyday, crooked or not.

Sorry I can't be much more help.
If you were visiting down south I could have been more helpful.

Bob