RE: Photographing strip malls

Rich,

Mass culture tends to be aesthetically unpleasant in all places and all times  -  economic efficiencies
can be ugly.  If you have a better plan for the world  that doesn’t involve serious social
engineering (tyrannical dictatorship),  I’d like to hear about it.  Haters of the present tend to
romanticize what they see as a more “natural” past and are relatively harmless I guess.

As a subject for photography a strip mall holds more interest for me than a clump of turf. What
matters is the effect a picture has. It should arouse in some way beyond its aesthetics.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.
NOW SHIPPING