Re: Comments on Gallery 20040314

> Don't be afraid of
> giving an honest critique.  But, conversely, don't get in a snit if
> someone gives your shot a bad review.  Just dismiss them as the the
> ignorant savages they have shown themselves to be.
Well,  I've decided to adopt a new strategy.
I'm not gonna review any more images by people who get snitty about
reviews.
That (IMO) should keep the grief level down.

> I may even have to try a few.  I generally agree that the overall
> quality is not super but then that is sort of what I expect from a
> diverse group.  We are pros, students, amateurs, advanced and rank,
> retired etc. There should be a wide variety of types and quality
levels
> put up.

Don

well - yes - but (IMO) in other ways I think this forum throws up some
very interesting / informative images from time to time.  It's just
because it's partly about education and not a competition.

Compare the PF gallery (IMO) to a photo competition (camera club,
photo magazine, trade show).  In those places 99% of the images just
have that "seen it before" look about them.  "Challenging" images just
don't succeed that often. Take Peeter's shot this week.  Like it or
not is irrelavent: it's different.   John's shot: OK, messy hair.
Sort of "heroin sheek" without the sheek (IMO) ...

Bob

PS: wouldn't it be great (IMO) if it was taken for granted that
anything written to a mailing list was IMO by default without having
to endlessly reiterate it ... (IMO)