Re: Back to Basics: Camera Holding

wildimages@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> That's all very well for film cameras but digital ones are held in front
> of the body at half-arms length ... the "proper viewing distance" for the
> LCD screen ;o)
>
> How does that work???

If it's got strap lugs on both sides, adjust the strap length so that
you can grasp it in both hands and push it out against the neck
strap.  While doing that, pull your elbows into your stomach.  You now
have an *extremely* stable shooting position.  Based on my tests, it
appears to be much more stable than any pulled-into-the-face position
I've tried with film or digital SLRs.  (Of course the absence of
mirror slap helps too.)
RKBA: <http://noguns-nomoney.com> <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>
Photos: <dd-b.lighthunters.net>  Snapshots: <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>