I wonder why I can't - - -

With both print and slide film I was always able to double expose my shot's,
now why isn't or is it, possible to accomplish this while using digital "film"
storage? I prefer making original photo's even though it may be possible to
do this with Photoshop. Someone might know the answer to this, I can't figure
it out on my own, if in fact it is possible. :-(  WRGill