RE: Film washing problem?

At Home Depot (hardware store) I got an inline whole house filter for $30 Canadian which is like $7 US. I plan to install it just upstream of my faucet since my house is over 60 years old and I would imagine the interior of the pipes is hardly pristine. I thought a filter like that would be around $100.

Greg