Re: curmudgeon review

Jim wrote
> I'm not surprised it makes a good screen image. I was surprised how
> nice a 10" by 15" photograph it made.
Yes, understood.
What I meant was that a "detail deficient" image (smooth tones) can be
adequately represented by less data (pixels) and interpolation to
larger images / prints will be acceptable.  As soon as fine detail /
high-contrast edges are in the frame you cannot interpolate up (with
one caveat).

Something I've never understood is how a picture can look fine on the
full screen but in a "same-size" print it will look awful
(pixellated).

> Thanks all for the nice comments.
No problem: two brilliant bird photos two weeks running!
Amazing what an amateur can achieve ;o)

Bob