Re: curmudgeon review

> I just checked, and the image I took to the lab was 1004 by 762
> exactly.
>
> Try it some time.

Jim

I sent then a 1-pixel by 1 pixel crop and couldn't resolve any extra
info via extrapolation ;o)

Your bunting really is a lovely image: it's not one that relies on
representing fine detail however.
Sure, digital has captured it well - probably as well as film.  It's
all about the tones - that "sepia" effect of looking through out-of
focus grass. Why be surprised that a direct pixel-for pixel crop
produces a good screen image?  It works for a scanner.

The usual rule of thumb (my rule) is that images that compress well
(jpg) could well be represented by low pixel counts.

Oh, as for digital being grand, pretty close actually - 1.05 grand was
the show price last week for the D10 ;o)
Make that 2000 for a D1s and I'll switch!!!!

Bob