RE: How not to light jewelry (sometimes you get lucky enough)

> My fav way to shoot shiny stuff is NOT to use a
> light tent, but to create a small stage in which to show off
> the piece.

One of my favorite series of books are the 'I Spy' books. They are large hard cover books full of scenes composed of about 3000 everyday objects per scene. Of course it would take 20 years to collect enough props but it gives you something to do while your under house arrest.

Greg