Flash with independent preflash sensor

I have a Nikon F4 and I need a flash that has a preflash sensor. The
sensor should be able to determine the quantity of light output, so that

I get a correct exposure, even if I put a diffuser on the flash head, or

even if I bounce the light off a ceiling. Which flash unit is best for
this purpose?

I have an Nikon SB26, and it has a preflash sensor, but it's dependent
on the camera body. It works only on models like the F80, F5, etc. I
need a flash that activates a preflash sensor separate from the camera
body, and that should work perfectly for sports photography, and similar
activities.

Elson
--
Nazca Graphic Design & Photography