Re: digital cameras

Maralyn,
Sorry to reply so late in the thread.
Have your friend look at the new Nikon CoolPix 3700.  It is only 3 mega pixs but it has no noticable shutter lag. I recently shot some dance pictures with my daughters 3700 and it was the same as using a conventional film point and shoot camera. I captured exactlly the the image I saw through the finder as the dancers twirled about. (Polka)
Walter