Re: photoshop CS?

> Karl.
>
> What is it supposed to do?
>
> Does it search a huge database to make sure it doesn't recognise the
> picture?

not sure exactly, but here's an email I recieved on the topic...

*********
I just learned something troubling over at Dan Marguli's
colortheory list..

Many are well aware that  PhotoShop CS for Windoze has an inbuilt
"activation" feature that will kill CS if you change to much hardware, a
la Windows XP.

You may also remember that I noted that PhotoShop CS seemed slower than
it should when opening files..

It turns out there's a simple reason for the latter.

PhotoShop CS is doing pattern recognition of some sort, and it is more
than the DigiMarc plugin, when opening images now.

Allow me to quote from a recent post on ADOBEForums.com (needless to
say, Adobe is remaining silent on this):

"Original post to Adobe's Photoshop forum (adobeforums.com):

We received a TIFF image from a customer, of a $20 bill. The image does

*not* violate any laws regarding reproduction of currency (it's not even

close to actual-size, and it's not a "flat" portrayal - it's wavy, as if

it's fluttering in the wind. Nor is it real-color.

However, Photoshop CS refuses to open the image, and provides an error

message regarding the (il)legality of currency reproduction and an

"information" button that takes you to the web. (Photoshop 7, of course,

has no such qualms).

What the hell is this? In my book this is completely unacceptable -

Photoshop is an image editor, not a censor, government policy enforcer

or anything else.

Adobe, you've got some explaining to do."

The actual thread may be found At ADOBEForums.com, login there
and go to the PhotoShop / Windows forum and open the thread
entitled "No Wonder Photoshop CS Seems Slow - It's Analiyzing
Images For Content!"

Welcome to the BRAVE NEW WORLD!

I think that people should make sure as many PhotoShop users as
possible know about this via whatever lists and groups they are on..

Oh, and before anyone says this is COMPLETELY OFF-TOPIC, it just so
happens to turn out, that this even happens with greayscale images of
currency...