Re: My new web site - at last...

Thank you all who took the trouble to view and comment!

Joseph Guerra:
ps: It would helpful to have a link on your site for easily emailing you directly.
Oops, just plain forgot! Thanks for reminding me; it is there right now.

Emily wrote:
I looked at a couple of albums and the work was lovely but it sure would have been nice if the albums had had names that said sort of what they contained.

Flowers
Landscapes
etc.
rather than
Album 1
Album 2
etc.
Well, I did start out using descriptive names, but felt some images were rather difficult to classify, so these short names were a bit restrictive. I´ll think it over, however; maybe a "representative" thumbnail as the link to an album instead of just "Album X"?

Make sure you have alt tags for every image so that the search engines can find them. IMG xxxx isn't real useful to someone looking for an image of a snowdrop.
So THATS what those "alt" tags are good for? I didn´t know, but obviously good advice from a pro.

Scott Coveyou:
I agree with Emily about the names of the categories.
I have another suggestion. You could remove the header from the lager photo
when it is being viewed, perhaps enabling the viewer to see the whole photo
without having to scroll. This could be my problem only...I don't know.
Yes, I see that my present layout is a little wasteful of screen real estate; I modified and used one of the templates that come with Photoshop, but I think I´ll make my own. I plan to remove both the header, the rather over-worked framing, and the column of thumbs from the image window, and only have "back", "forward", and "index" symbols, like many other sites. Then I should be able to make the images 600 pixels instead of 500. The index page should hold an array of (clickable) thumbs, plus a "home" button.

Again, thanks a lot! It will be some days before I can face the task of re-doing the album layout, but I will come around to it...

Per