Re: digital cameras

At 07:00 AM 1/29/04 -0800, you wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Zinn" <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 8:42 AM
Subject: Re: digital cameras

> At 11:45 AM 1/28/04 -0800, you wrote: >

Thank you for your input, Alan.  I appreciate it and I know my friend will,
too.

Marilyn

> Marilyn,
>
> I got a Canon A70 for Xmas.  Bottom line - cheaper digital cameras are
> useless for candid pictures.  Too much  shutter lag.  Read the reviews
> first.  The Canon A70 got top marks in the reviews for many features and I
> have found it useful for web pics but little else.  Go here for my first
> "roll" of film digital film: http://www.gfn.org/buckham/01-04_open.html
> I was able to have the pics of the opening on the web page the next
> morning. Most of the people shots were no good. My pals with $1K digital
> cams say they are somewhat better.
>
> AZ
>

> >I know this has been asked, answered and discussed numerous times, but I
> >didn't pay attention and now need to have some information.
> >
> >A friend of mine is looking for a digital camera to use for
> >"snapshots".    Cost isn't a problem, but a good quality,reasonably
priced
> >consumer camera would work fine for what he wants it for.   Simplicity of
> >use would be helpful.
> >
> >I would appreciate any guidance you could offer.  Thank you.
> >
> >Marilyn
>

> Build a Lookaround!
> The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.
> NOW SHIPPING
> http://www.panoramacamera.us

Marilin,

One more thing to consider RE digital cams: you need to spend another $130 or so for adequate memory and batteries.
I got some good "candids" today - and no red eye: http://www.panoramacamera.us/uniforms.html

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.