Re: digital cameras

At 11:45 AM 1/28/04 -0800, you wrote:

Marilyn,

I got a Canon A70 for Xmas. Bottom line - cheaper digital cameras are useless for candid pictures. Too much shutter lag. Read the reviews first. The Canon A70 got top marks in the reviews for many features and I have found it useful for web pics but little else. Go here for my first "roll" of film digital film: http://www.gfn.org/buckham/01-04_open.html
I was able to have the pics of the opening on the web page the next morning. Most of the people shots were no good. My pals with $1K digital cams say they are somewhat better.

AZ

I know this has been asked, answered and discussed numerous times, but I didn't pay attention and now need to have some information.

A friend of mine is looking for a digital camera to use for "snapshots". Cost isn't a problem, but a good quality,reasonably priced consumer camera would work fine for what he wants it for. Simplicity of use would be helpful.

I would appreciate any guidance you could offer. Thank you.

Marilyn

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.
NOW SHIPPING