RE: Better Light scanning back question/answer

> I was impressed till I saw the price.
> http://www.galleryprint.com/hardware/betterlight/betterlight.php
> A bit beyond my means I'm afraid.

Bob,

Beyond my pocketbook as well but I suspect that if one is doing commercial,
professional or advertising related photography the back could be made to pay
for itself over a relatively few assignments.

For me the price solution was to do similar images using photographic and
mechanical means in the first instance and adapting a linear array out of a
hand scanner into a 35mm camera and pulling the array accross the focal plane
with a string taken up onto the shaft of a high torque low speed battery
powered motor.

This works for teaching and given that less than technical perfection is
sometimes suitable for art or creative applications it can even be used for
this purpose.

Andy