From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 4:25 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: PhotoShoot

I took 50 images of paintings yesterday afternoon using a tripod, natural
light through a roof window and my Olympus E20p.

The resultant TIFF files were fine and they converted to much small jpeg
files for my clients web page fine, but when I tried to use Nero to save the
TIFF files to cd my computer crashed each time of the four times I tried.

The computer finally executed a boot-up sequence that discovered and deleted
a lost file and a corrupt index so it deleted image 42 and recovered.

I do not know why this is happening and the deleted image file previously
converted to a jpeg file previously so was not originally corrupt.

My client has the jpeg files but to complete the deal I need to deliver the
much larger TIFF files (I can take number 42 again quite easily)

So how do I get Nero to save to CD?  The 50 files fit on to two CD's being
15MB each.  The first 25 have been saved to CD.

Chris.
http://www.chrisspages.co.uk