Re: Kodak pro film

this is a fun post indeed...one could draw a parallel to the music industry and the devolution of vinyl (even shelack)...i remember in the early eighties people prophecizing the demise of vinyl and that all music will be on tapes and cd's (I've heard similar things about 8-tracks and mini discs, although mini discs exerienced a refreshed acceptance after ten years of sleep)... now, there is a certain prestige among collectors and audiophiles on vinyl (not the continued production, I understand)...also, hip-hop and other developing musical styles and genres depend heavily upon vinyl and turntable equipment...many smaller/micro companies are picking up the rotting carcasses of markets left behind by much larger producers...perhaps we'll see smaller film labs develop even higher quality product as their need to distribute on such large scale won't compromise their efforts and attention and give the photography enthusiasts something to slobber over...kind of like a good beer in a sea commercial lager...imagine:  Terminal Gravichrome 120, Samuel Smith's black & white, Pete's Wicked Gold, etc...

But the more frightening reality of photography entering the digital world will be the inevitable farse of keeping your materials up to date (I mean, is Consumer Reports a relevant publication anymore when the computers it compares are old and outdated by the time the magazine hits the shelf), will a "competant" professional be able to have the luxury of a budget?  Give me film, fuck that computer shit.  If I want a live feed from Baghdad I'll go there myself.  By the way, Andy, how the hell did you pull off photographing that mile?

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do you Yahoo!?