last minute thoughts re PF List Exhibits 12-27-03

At 10:05 AM -0500 12/27/03, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated 27 Dec. 03. Authors
with work now on display at  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html  include:

Dan Mitchell - Winter Scene

This is one of those things I grapple with often. A nice diagonal curvy composition always seems to have one of the lower corners filled up with sand or water or flatness of some kind. Perhaps it is a vertical at heart.

Jim Davis - Searching for Breakfast

Uncomfortable with so much cyan here. I do like my egrets white, I fear.

Pablo Coronel - Frozen vines

Wish the vines were the subject of the photograph as well as the title.

Shawna Hanel - Hapy New Year!

What a wonderful blue bird in that tree. The tail feathers are in motion very nicely.

John Mason - Messiah Sing-In, Charlottesville, Virginia, 2003

Just wondering. Did the McCutcheons come and sing or play or both? I think I've heard that John gets there as often as he can. Yeah, the blacks are sort of blocked up, but that's the way being in the orchestra feels at these sort of events. You've got the stage lights right in your eyes and everything becomes very contrasty, so I think it's right on!

Pini Vollach - Tallinn

A miracle anything survived the war, and the occupation by a bunch of foreigners for so many years. I love the orange tile rooves and whitewash and placid feeling of the "old world". Has a Bergmanesque feeling about it to me.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@cape.com 508-563-6822