RAW-format tamperproof?

Never found much more about this aspect of the Canon RAW-format,
being tamperproof because it could only be written by Canon software,
from the raw camera data, not by anything else:

<http://web.archive.org/web/20030213153914/http://www.colorshots.com/c
s101e/html/tipps_raw.html>

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q515127E6

(original document has vanished btw, I had to update the link on my
site too)

Of course, one could use the Canon digicam as a copying device,
copying a tampered image, either analog (slide-copier) or electronic
('screen-grab'; but only at reduced resolution, since no monitor or
beamer can achieve the full CCD resolution of the camera (even apart
from all kinds of nasty visual effects when pixels meet pixels....;))

Anyone ever read more indepth stuff about this topic?

Have insurance companies/legal courts ever accepted this philosophy
at all?

CC to PhotoForum....Andy has some experience/expertise in this legal
context too I believe....;))

--
Bye,

Willem-Jan Markerink