Re: Why I Don't Do Reviews

At 7:19 +0000 12/20/03, Qkano wrote:
>You, sir , are as poor a judge of character as it's ever been
my misfortune to know......perhaps you can explain the *put down* in
Well, it's pretty damned obvious to me or to anyone else with half a brain ;o)

hmmmm......this is from a post that was addressed to someone else......unless the two of you are the same person (?).....it's a tad misleading to clip the quote without finishing it......like this.......*perhaps you can explain the *put down* in this......Very nice collage*.....I'm still hard pressed to see that as a put down......it was meant as a compliment......anyway, thanks for clarifying why it's so obvious to you....... *>)

At 7:19 +0000 12/20/03, Qkano wrote:
1) Very nice collage
It's *not* a collage.

2) Photos as metaphors
There was no metaphor - any metaphor was provided by the viewer.

so much for the hypocritical comment about *welcoming all feedback*.....apparently you make exceptions for anyone you disagree with.....that, of course, is your prerogative......just have the grace to say so.......

At 7:19 +0000 12/20/03, Qkano wrote:
Please, don't quit reviewing, you have so much insight to offer the
list, but  just quit commenting on any of my images if you don't mind.

well, I do mind......frankly I'm sick and tired of you telling me or anyone else how to behave on this list.......this is supposed to be a forum for the open exchange of ideas and opinions, not a playground for the petulant, the petty, or those who simply cannot get by without massaging their egos......you took what was meant as an honest opinion of your image and turned it into something ugly based on some perceived *agenda*........I bear no grudge nor ill will towards you or anyone else......never have........it isn't worth the expenditure of spiritual energy.......but now I understand why some refuse to do reviews.....diatribes and petty arguments in return for some honest thoughts are so off putting that I, for one, have no further desire to subject myself to them.......my hope for you is that you live long enough and pay enough attention to what some are really trying to say to develop a sense of tolerance.....have a safe and happy holiday.......

Jim
Baja Oregon