Re: Off Topic

wildimages@lineone.net wrote/replied to:

>When I think of the logistical exercise of Christmas "in my young day" against
>that which many modern couples follow there is no comparison.  Yougsters
>are as likely to take "Christmas lunch" in the local pub - and not even
>bother with the turkey because they prefer curry.

Bob, I think many young people want to avoid the same pitfalls of
their parents. I always remember my Mom spending the entire Xmas day
preparing and serving turkey and special foods. Not to mention the
cleanup never ended. Add on a trip to the combini for an extra roll of
aluminum foil, a trip for more cranberry jelly, and entertaining all
those relative or guests, and a trip to the pub to get some turkey
starts sounding good.

I for one, like to keep this time of year simple and enjoyable. That
might include a day of cooking, or it might not. I love going out for
turkey and coming home to a clean kitchen :-)

Jim Davis
- checkout the Motorcycle Headlight Relay Kit at:
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/html/bike_acc_.html