Back on topic (after a brief swerve off topic)

----- Original Message -----
From: <wildimages@lineone.net>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu>
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 4:38 AM
Subject: Re: Off Topic

(off topic)

> You took it there ...
---------------------------------
Oh, dear.  I knew it.
----------------------------------

(on topic)

I've had to replace Canon shoe-mounted flash units twice (different cameras,
different flash units) because the part of the flash unit that goes into the
hot shoe on the camera has cracked and eventually broken.   I think it's due
to the weight of the flash unit being held on to the camera by such a small
piece of plastic.

Has any one else experienced this problem (with any camera/flash unit?).
If so, have you found a way to correct the problem?

I'd appreciate any comments.  Thank you.

Marilyn