RE: "Windows to Estonia" was: PF Galleries on 11/29/03

Well, it's certainly very difficult to express what you were after. People tend to move their attention around a scene and in effect everything they're not focussed on while viewing is out of focus in the brain, even if not in the receptors in the eyes.

So when presented with more than one focal point in sharp focus I think the viewer is likely to feel overload and try to sort out all the data and focus the way the brain tends to.

Who was that guy, Eggelston I think, whose photographs are sharp and not very contrasty from the viewer to infinity, and present a quirky but very flat panorama of the subject.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@cape.com