flash/no flash flurry ;-)

Emily L. Ferguson:

Thanks for putting up such an interesting cite. Would that people weren't xenophobic by nature, and so insecure in their sense of self. Amazing how our social structures promote these sad characteristics of human nature.

Thanks for checking it out :-) I gather you chose to look at the work on whiteness. I just came across another interesting photography/whiteness site: http://www.umbc.edu/insights/article.html?news_id=879 This page has the most racially ambiguous pic I've ever seen by Cindy Sherman.

Those two cite-ations you put in your last email, Shawna, I followed both of them and they seemed to be identical.

Theoretically, if one uses this URL, http://lightwriting.net and clicks on the Invisible Hands icon, a pop up window will launch, thereby letting me control the "stage" size. If one uses this URL, http://lightwriting.net/chris.html and clicks on the Invisible Hands icon, the flash file (.swf) will load in the already existing browser window, creating the floating in thin air affect. The Whiteness site doesn't have these issues and would look identical. All terribly technical :-) and one can never be entirely certain how things actually turn out for the end viewer without a lot of testing and feedback. Thanks again for taking the time to look at it.

Cheers,
Shawna