Gallery review

A bit late in the week, but a lot of things had to be done (one of the more pleasant ones being installing Photoshop CS on my Mac).

Anyway, here goes:

Trevor Cunningham, Take it all while you can:

Amusing; wonder what the front of that figure looks like...
Much better than last week´s IMHO

Greg Fraser, Lunch:

Great light! Funny face. Every parent recognizes that expression.
Only thing marring the image is that menu, or whatever, sticking up behind the little fella´s hair. Still, one of my three favourites this week.

Shawna Hanel, Creation:

Ahem... You seem to like coloured plastics.... :-) Honestly, leaves me cold. As I said last week, perhaps a series might be the thing.

Pini Vollach, Windows to Estonia:

Being late with my review, I´ve already read about the importance of the graffitti; I wouldn´t have thought of that by myself, I think, so I´ll ignore it here. Afraid, this one leaves me without any real interest, despite the surreal tone.

Jose Luiz Vasconcellos, Rock, earth, life:

Beautiful greyscale, although I´d like to see even more depth in the shadows. Far better than last week´s; even reminds me somewhat of Ansel Adam´s Canon de Chelly image (must be that overhanging rock).

Dan Mitchell, Denver Windmill:

I´d have taken just one step to the right, to separate the left mill wing from the foliage, and just possibly get some more of the branches in the extreme right to make more of a curtain from them. But that´s me...

Jim *Duck* Davis, Peaceful panning:

I love shovellers too, but they are rather scarce in my neighbourhood. Beautiful, harmonic colours. Like it as is!

Veli Cigirgan, :

I like deep blacks, lots of it, and here I get it! To pick a few nits, the spot of light on the clenched hand in the lap of the second girl is a distraction (the repeated fingers of both girls is a nice unifying accent). Also the Adidas (?) stripes give an echo of these fingers. My second favourite; possibly the best one this week.

Jeff Spirer, Alcatraz:

I´ve seldom seen a Spirer image that left me cold, at least not a B/W one. This is a good Spirer, IMHO. I can feel that striped suit, and the knowledge that I won´t be let out again for the next 30 years.... Great textures, perfect crop. My third favourite, competing hard for first place...

Bob Talbot, Whodunit:

Beautiful, both composition and colour. Also the enigma of THREE wings.... Is this arranged or found? Either way, a piece of art.

OK, that was my second try. Hey, this is fun, really....

Per