Re: Dirty Pictures

> Under no circumstances use an ordinary plastic bag--the plasticizers
outgas and will deposit on all
> surfaces.  And Isporoponanol isn't a very good solvent for thsoe
chemicals.  Some of the
> plasticizer  can actually discolor the front surface coatings on the
mirrors.

Bill

The point is the scanner new is not worth 500 dollars.
Second hand I'd not get 200 for it.
A service from Nikon would be about 200 dollars.

Air / gentle brushing alone did not touch the "dust".  It was adhered.
The mirror is said to be fragile (easily scratched) so the last thing
you want to do is rub it while dry.

Isoprop has done the job tolerable well.  I can't see any  smears but
then you can only look at it through a small hole from one angle so
it's hard to judge.