RE: Photo sites

Hi Trevor,

I just brought up a new site www.placescapes.com , this site is an example of integrating photography into manufacturing functional, durable products; taking photography “off the wall”.

This is a great way to bring the beauty photography can communicate into people’s everyday life; this being my goal with photography and the products.

The photographs themselves may leave a lot to be desired, but I guess those are some of the lessons about photography I can learn in the coming years.

When I took the photographs I had no idea I would need excellent resolution and framing for a printed 12x16 inch format, so I’ve done what I could with them.

Another lesson learned.

The adventure of designing, developing, manufacturing and marketing a product both on and off the WWW using photographs is an awesome challenge.

As much as I would like to do a series of these products with sensual photographs, I have not yet had the opportunity. Only have unclothed Pronghorn Antelope and a white moth.

Over the next week or so, I will be redesigning the web site to increase the maintainability and flexibility while at the same time making the site more palatable for the search engines; the key to marketing on the WWW. The “easy to use” web site builder I originally used had some intolerable bugs and limited flexibility; better quality tools and design makes a better web site, at least I hope so.

I would appreciate any feedback on the content and presentation.

Thanks for your help,

Rick

rick@placescapes.com