Re: PF Galleries on 11/15/03 - Jimmy/WRGill

>>>really, Mr. Davis......how Faulable of you.........
hahahahahha ....

Jimmy used the "F" word,  Jimmy used the "F" word ;o)

<<< what I said was there are some who have
gone beyond just the merits of a photo and imposed their value system
on their interpretion of the image and on the photographer as
well.......and by so doing reaffirmed their own sense of self
worth.......>>>
I don't hold with everything Jim said but I for one really, really want you to name names / give specific examples.

You have gone beyond the (IMO) acceptable.  That is you've jumped from saying *what* these supposed reviewers have said to claiming to know *why* they said it.

<< imposed their value system on their interpretion of the image>>
Duh!!!!
What does that actually mean?
Looked at an image through thier own eyes and interpreted it based on their own tastes and experience?

<<reaffirmed their own sense of self worth>>
You really really can never *know* why anyone else does or says anything, even when they tell you.  All you can do is observe behaviour, actions.  When you make sweeping statements like that in essence you are saying that "based on your knowlege of your own self, that is what you would have to be thinking to exhibit that behaviour".

Sorry Jimmy, you might think this is closed but I demand an apology on behalf of all the reviewers you didn't mean to include in your insult.  As you have left it it could well apply to them all.

Bob