Re: PF Galleries on 11/15/03 -AOHELL

> When you use plain text with AOL everything gets mashed together. Of
course
> one never see HTML on AOL as the service edits it out.

I don't know enough about AOL, certainly nothing first hand, to be
able to advise.

I gather there are flavours / versions of AOL though.  And then there
is the webmail interface.

On my webmail (fsmail) I can send plain text BUT they make it
difficult.  Every single message reply I have to rememember to turn it
off and then deal with the dire alert boxes warning me I might be
losing vital "features" ;o)

Form Yaboo accounts (UK) you can't turn it off.  They simply want to
be able to embed pretty adverts in the outgoing mail.  Is that why AOL
do it?  Or is it that AOL assumes  it's customers are too stuped to be
worried about mail formats?

ATEOTD we should remember that the person sending the message really
might not have a clue about HTML but might have some interesting
knowlege on photography.  If we are worried about driving artistic
types underground because they can't bear hearing if thier images
don't work then slamming them for being ignorant of email etiquette
will surely have  the same result.

What I want is a listserv that strips the HTML/MIME crap for us.  Save
a lot of arguments ;o)

Bob