Per's review...

Now, this is my first attempt at criticism in this forum. Hope we´ll still be friends.... ;-)

Jose Luis Vasconsellos:

I feel the stone wall is just too busy; you lose the figure and the silhouetted face. Also, I would have liked seeing the whole shadow; I guess that big jug would have cast an interesting shadow.

WHAT? YOU SAID MY STONE WALL IS JUST TOO BUSY AND WE'LL STILL BE FRIENDS? WHAT???

Just kidding I could not resist... I guess you are right as was Talbot before you in his review. As I said this was a difficult shot. I was on a boat with that Kodak Brownie and the girl was passing by. Like happens sometimes with many of us this could be a beautiful picture if...

- if I was using fresh emulsion
- if I had a better lens, not so scratched
- if I had room to move back or a zoom lens
- if the sun was a little higher (maybe I would not overdeveloped the film 2 stops)
- if I could use a little fillflash...

The sun was so down that the jug's shadow was laying 20 feet away but you are right: the shadow would improve this photo very much. Well thank you for your honest and soberminded review and I hope you have the time to do many others. Next week I will submit another picture shoot with this fatidic Kodak Brownie (reflex- the poor, poor man's rolleiflex)... But do not despair: I gave it to a student...