ELF Review

> From: "Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@cape.com>
> I'm finding myself with this week's gallery repeatedly reminded of a
> rubric that I picked up from Galen Rowell years go.  When
> photographing things that are facing in some direction, whether
> people or trains or sailboats or animals, the image seems to be more
> successful when there's more space in the direction the thing is
> looking/going and less space behind.

Galen Rowell spent a lot of time in thin air.
But there is no denying that he spawned many images that were successful.
"Successful"?   What did he mean by "Successful"?
Did he mean that he was able to sell images more easily if they met this criteria?

On another note. In images featuring people looking over my shoulder, I
am much more comfortable with images of people looking over my right
shoulder than people looking over my left shoulder. Perhaps I feel more
vulnerable being approached/attacked from my left side than my right?
Could it be because I am right handed?

r  <------self (a)muse(d)