Re: color me confused.............(so what else is new)

> RE,
>
> thanks for the images.
>
> here is my theory.
>
> You lit the background with one light from the right side.
> (If you used two lights the one on the left was powered way down,
> malfunctioning, much farther from the background or aimed in the wrong
direction.)

> The background light on the right side of the canvas either was aimed in
> such a way as to allow a bit of stray light to come directly towards
> camera or lit the edge of the canvas with a very very very hot spot.

I was told before I arrived at the Theatre that I would be doing photos of
"young people" but I set up my lights as I usually do..................

When the first "little guy" came over I right away realized I had to move my
back ground light...leaving the light directly behind him my stand wouldn't
drop low enough to where the light would be hidden by the subject.

So I did move it to the right....................

As I mentioned in my first posting...........

I was dumping a lot of light on that white back drop.
I wanted to be sure it came out pure white, but even as I was doing it I was
thinking to myself that I was most likely over exposing it more than I
needed to.

So the back drop was in effect acting like a large reflector!

(I seem to remember years ago having this problem on a shoot while using my
RB67 and B&W film)

I can see that I need to drop the exposure on the back drop light and use a
lens shade.

Later on the shoot I did do some shots of a "full sized adult".
I was able to reposition the back light but she still shows some cyan shift.

I can guess that I should remember to set the White Balance to 65k.

As much as I am enjoying getting acquainted with digital photography.

There are times I think using my RB67 was easier......................

However I don't miss spending half my life in the Dark Room and spending a
lot of money on film!!!!!

Thanks gang.............

Russ
R.E. Baker