Re: Flashguns

Steve Ross <steveross.effigy@virgin.net> wrote/replied to:

>Any suggestions for a new canon EOS compatible flashgun
>(E-TTL)? Would especially like to have the ability
>to remove from camera and fire.  Is the speedlite 550EX
>the most versatile?

Yes, it's a nice flash I have one. As to removing it, the Off Camera
Shoe Cord 2 allows you to move it to arm's length. (wish it was a tad
longer) and still retain ETTL. With an STE on camera you can
wirelessly control the strobe plus other ETTL strobes.

The 420EX is cheaper but lacks some essential features in my mind. One
is the ability to be a master and control other strobes, another is
full manual ability.

If you want a serious flash, get the 550EX to start your system.