RE: Color me confused..(so what else is new) Revisited

Hi Russ, I meant no disrespect, It's just that locating and correcting a
color shift especially one that is intermittent is a real bear.

With your last update, I have to believe that it is the strobes. It
could be in two areas (someone else may add more) The tubes could be on
the verge of going out or the voltage in the capacitors is not fully
dumping/charging liked it should. You might call Paul Buff and see what
they think. As I am sure you know they are great and will bend over
backwards to help.

However I did have a background that actually gave all the images a blue
cast due to the whiteners used in the background (paper not canvas),
just a thought.

Les Baldwin

Hi Gang...........

Just for the record I am a Photographer that specializes
in Head Shots/Publicity Photos/Stage photos and all the
other fun things involving theatre.

Also I have been a performer myself for over 30 years.

(I perform regularly with a company that specializes
in the Comic Operas of Gilbert & Sullivan)

However I am still getting used to doing things digital.

I have had the E-10 for about 6 months and
I think it's the best investment I have ever made.

The shots were done in an area far far way
from the stage and any other ambient lights.......

There was no stage make up..............

My main soft box is only 6 months old so
I don't see any color shift coming from that.

My White Lightning's are at least 10
years old and are the original flash tubes.

My back drop was brand new white canvas............

I have used this sort of material before.
My old white canvas backdrop got dirty and
worn out and this is the first time I have used the new one.

I know that I dumped way to much light on the back drop.
(my exposure was F 11 and I was dumping at least F 22
worth of light on the back drop...)

What throws me is that all the photos don't have the slight
color shift...it's just here and there.

Like I said....

I can correct it in Photoshop.

I have a vague recollection of this happening
before when I was using the auto white balance.

I should custom set the white balance to my lights.

Funny thing too.................

Every one is talking about PS CS

Last month I finally upgraded from PS 5.5 to 7.
(yep I am right with the times.......)

The browser and the healing tool
is worth the cost of the upgrade!!!!!!

Russ