Re: getting glossy prints from the Epson C 80 series inkjet printers

PhotoRoy6@aol.com wrote/replied to:

>Yes it show a larger gamut of colors. If you print with dye on a high quality
>matte paper like HWM you don't get the same gamut and putting glass over it
>does not change the gamut of the print. But of course you have to have the
>gamut in the original file. If  you print ordinary (journalistic type rendition)
>scenes you can print on matte and put it behind glass and it will look fine.

I might agree about matte paper, but I'm talking about Epson semi
matte. Under a loups there appears to be no real difference from the
texture aspect. The gamut is very close, but reflections are minimum.

I believe this love of glossy stems from a thinking that new and shiny
equate to quality.

by the way Roy, please shut off the html, it's really annoying.